Solution Architect wanted!
André NørbechSlack @André_Witted
Location: Oslo, some travel to Stavanger has to be expected
Language: Norwegian & English, both written and oral
In pursuing our ambition to digitalize and become more data driven, we are continuously developing and improving our tools and work processes. The client has established a program to further develop capabilities. To achieve this ambition, they now seek to strengthen their team of experienced Solution Architects to handle challenges at hand.
Solution Architects lead and support activities that transform business needs into solutions to realise business outcomes. Solution Architects collaborate with relevant business stakeholders to provide a solution and architecture design that will be handed over and realized by the build space in the OPS program. Our architects adhere to architectural guidelines, build on the strengths of the application portfolio and are always in pursuit of reducing complexity.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious professional, preferably knowledgeable of processes and solutions supporting enterprise operational processes within Oil & Gas. Knowledge and experience with core solutions and applications supporting our domains is an advantage.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Holistic overall responsibility: the end-to-end responsibility for an architecture and design to ensure that the client gets the right solution.
- Proactively and holistically lead activities that guide the specification and solutioning of use cases.
- Evaluate and translate business, information and technical requirements into architectural blueprints for a solution, portfolio of solutions or products.
- Create and document architectural designs to guide and contextualise solution development across initiatives aligned with the customer, portfolio, and transformation objectives.
- Support and ensure that development and implementation activities are delivered according to solution design.
- Provide consulting support and facilitate sound architecture decisions to ensure alignment with the overall enterprise architecture principles.
- Liaises with relevant system owners, subject matter experts, product teams and service providers.
- Bachelor / Master
Required competence and experience:
- Min. 5-10 years of experience with stakeholder management, communication and deliveries involving people, processes, and technology.
- Min. 5 years of relevant work experience with business transformation projects ensuring continuous alignment between deliverables and business objectives.
- Min. 2 years of experience in a solution architect role with responsibility for solution design to ensure customer gets the right solution.
- Experience from the oil and gas industry is required, experience within production and operations is an advantage.
- Experience with various solution blueprints, architectural patterns and principles, data modelling, data and integration platforms is an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- You are someone who inspires confidence and demonstrates transparency, who builds trust and relationships easily, and can reinforce commitment and communicates effectively.
- You enjoy working cross-functionally and empowering others along the way.
- You have experience working closely with third-party vendors or partners, and collaboration in this context comes naturally.
- You know how to facilitate decision-making, clearly communicating potential trade-offs, and ensuring stakeholders understand both benefits and consequences of decisions.
- You can express complex concepts, ideas, opinions, and conclusions clearly.
- You have an eye for identifying risks and proactively work to mitigate these, removing roadblocks and helping the team navigate complexities.
- You are well-organised, managing your delivery and task scope according to plan, identifying dependencies along the way, paving the way for successful delivery.
- You challenge work processes and standards, supporting simplification and standardization.
Please contact André (email@example.com) if you are interested or have any questions.
New to Witted Partners?
Witted Partners helps freelance software developers and designers to find the projects that match their skills and preferences, all for free. Apply for an agent to get validated and be able to pursue our projects!
Are we friends already?
If you have already met with us or are working on a project through Witted Partners, please contact any of our talent agents or subscribe to our project newsletter to directly apply for projects!